I don't know why we are always so lucky (not) but Carter always seems to be the first surgery of the day. The hospital just called and he is scheduled for an 8:15 surgery which means we get to be at the hospital at 6:45 a.m. I am so not an early morning person and don't like these early morning surgeries - and so far he is 3 out of 4 at being the first of the day. I guess I will think positive and hopefully this early surgery means he will get to come home earlier on Saturday.....
Wish us luck and say a few prayers that this will be an easy surgery for him. The thing we hope the most is that he will eat after surgery because that means he will be able to come home. If he won't eat - he can't go home. So a few prayers that he will feel comfortable enough to eat will be very much appreciated.
Thanks so much in advance for your support and prayers - we know prayers are heard and answered. We will keep the blog updated tomorrow as things progress.......

Here is a picture of what Carter does with his Explanation of Benefits from the insurance company. He likes to crinkle them and rip them - smart boy - who wants to deal with all the insurance crap when you could be having fun. I'd like to do this myself with all the medical bills and such.......
15 comments:
As you know, there are a lot of prayers being heard and answered up at PCMC this week!! We'll be praying for your little cutie!
{So that room across from us was Paul's room - there was an alias on the door.}
Okay...so I think I must have missed something....what surgery is cute Carter having tomorrow? I pray for a quick recovery!!
Our prayers are with him! I would like to crinkle up some medical bills myself!
I came over from Chief's blog and am loving to read about your journey! And PCMC told me when I brought my bug in for surgery that they schedule the youngest first since they have the hardest time fasting...dunno if this is true but when I complained, that is what I was told!
Good Luck tomorrow! Be glad you are not the last one of the day. That could mean a tired surgeon. First is always best, refreshed and ready to go! (at least for the surgeon)
I sure have been thinking about you guys lots! Yes, eat eat eat! That is what kept us there an extra night... no fun! Carter is going to charm all the nurses with his adorable grin! Gage's surgeries have both been first as well.. youngest first! At least that is what they told us. We will be praying for Carter and the surgeons.
Crinkling up bills sounds good to me. He can come do mine. Make sure to let us know how it goes. Do you know about the computers on the third floor parent resource center? Those are like blogging computers, everyone uses them for that.
Since he's first tomorrow, hopefully that means he'll be home first on Saturday. And I'd let him crinkle some of our bills, but most of them are paperless! I don't think it would be as fun trying to crinkle the computer screen!
Good luck sweet boy! Prayers that he'll eat, eat, eat! Hope all goes well tomorrow! Can't wait to meet you and that darling boy of yours...if not Saturday, some day SOON!!!
Good luck to cute Carter tomorrow. He'll eat, he always surprises us after these surgries. Love you guys
I am so proud of him...his way of telling them to kiss off.
I will be thinking about you and Alan and Carter all day tomorrow and checking your blog for updates (on the taxpayer dime...I won't take a lunch hehe)
Give him squishy yummy kisses from Chief.
Prayers for a successful day!
(I had surgery on 9/11 years ago...I feel a bond with my little man now)
Will send prayers your way for a speedy recovery ...:) Carter is just a sweetie and your family is beautiful...don't know if I have introduced myself...but I am Darlena and my youngest Brayden is 16 months with Down syndrome...Hope all goes well tomorrow...keep us updated.
Wow, big day. We will be checking for updates!!! Good luck. Carter will do well!
Good luck today. Praying for a easy and quick recovery!
Prayers your way!! Go CARTER!!
Post a Comment