Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Parker!


So Parker's birthday was actually yesterday - but Mom was totally trying to recover from the weekend and didn't put a post together. (I'll post about his later)

Today I have got my act back together (and my legs) and want to wish my oldest a very Happy Birthday!

Parker is turning twelve this year and we cannot believe he is that old - where did the time go? And I still don't feel old enough to have a twelve year old - but I guess that is a different story.

So in honor of his twelfth birthday here are twelve things we love about Parker

1) We love the way he teaches Carter new tricks (scratching his head, rubbing his tongue on his lips, waving bye-bye). He is completely in love with Carter and we love him for that. One day we are going to get his tricks on video so you can see what Parker has been busy teaching him.

2) We love the way we can joke around with Parker - he can take it and he loves it.

3) We love his sense of humor.

4) We love that he loves all sorts of things: models, sports, books, art, and writing stories.

5) We love that we can now leave him home with the kids while we run a quick errand! He is a great babysitter as long as he doesn't have to put kids to bed - which we are going to work on!

6) We love that he loves to play soccer. Man that kid can kick!

7) We love his creativity (see post about ice and mowing lawn)

8) We love that he is a complete Ute fan (even though the rest of his family is not). He picks everything because of the color - sheets, notebooks, pens, pencils, shirts....you get the picture.

9) We love his laugh!

10) We love his helpfulness - whether it be construction, repair work, housework - he is willing to help out most of the time.

11) We love the friends he chooses - he has awesome friends and they are all great kids!

12) We love that he tries really hard to be good - and most of the time he does pretty good. He is always understanding and even though he sometimes gets the short end of the stick because of Carter - he is totally OK with it. For example - he won't get a friend birthday party for a few weeks as Carter is scheduled for surgery and with recovery and all it probably won't happen until the end of September - but there are no complaints.

We love you Parker and we are so glad you came to our family! Hopefully this next year will be a great one for you!

11 comments:

Mindy said...

Happy Birthday Parker! I can't believe he is 12 either, this time has gone by so fast. I remember when he was just a baby.

Derek, Kenzee and Gage said...

Oh HAPPY BIRTHDAY Parker! Sounds like your parents just adore you and have lots of reasons to!

Lacey said...

Happy birthday Parker!!
Did you ever get up to see Max? I'll be up there Wednsday for the MRI and I was going to go see them if they are still there. You should come up.
I have to ask how you got those pics in the other post with the black and white but blue shorts. Is it on your camera or do you have a photoshop that does it?

Chief said...

We love you Parker! I saw the picture and thought it was a bonfire! 12 candles!

Doyle Family said...

Parker is an awesome kid! Happy Birthday Parker!

LeShel said...

Happy Birthday PARKER!! 12 years old, you rock!!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope your day is fabulous!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Parker! What a wonderful list. You sound like one cool kid!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Parker...speaking of birthdays (and so sorry this is last min)...we are having Preslie's birthday party Saturday up here in Heber...if you are around and would like to, please join us. Email me and I'll send you the details mtherklesen@yahoo.com. Would LOVE to meet you and your sweet family!!!

Kristin said...

Thanks for coming to see Max! Unofficially, yes, PC got a heart today. Our nurse couldn't confirm it, but she winked as she said that. He wasn't in his room this morning, so I snuck back into the PICU to give a thank you treat to the staff and peaked at their board - he was on it :) I've been crying tears of joy all day. Max got to come home, and Jax didn't have to spend the night up there... 09/09/09 was a great day at PCMC!!

Tausha said...

The guys name is Dennis @ ABC Refinishing out of Lehi. His number is 801-355-0626 or 801-768-2112. The countertops cost us $350 and the 2 bathrooms which consisted of 2 sinks and countertop, tub and tile up the sides in one and shower and sides were $775. It was a bargain compared to what it would of cost. We priced granite out and tile and it was clost to 5k. I am very happy with it.