Today is the first day of school! Parker headed off to 6th grade and Ashleigh is starting Kindergarten. There were varying levels of excitement around the house - Parker not so much excited - Ashleigh so excited I'm surprised she didn't wet her pants. Mom is sad summer is over but is happy to get some routine back. And I didn't even cry when I dropped off Ashleigh - probably because I was so excited that she finally is able to experience Kindergarten. Her birthday fell after the school deadline so she is almost six and more than ready to go to school. Thank you to Ainsley for sharing "The Night Before Kindergarten" book - we read it last night before bed and it was perfect!
So now it is just me and my little man for 3 hours every day. Don't worry - he provides me with enough entertainment that I will probably be OK. Here is what my morning will be filled with.....
I can't wait to run errands all by myself with a child who doesn't walk or talk - and ask for things, and ask for more things.........
And just for some quick updates because I haven't updated for a while.
We were able to meet Gage when he was up from Southern Utah for a doctor's appointment. He is such a cutie and we are so glad we were able to meet him and his family. We had a picnic lunch at Liberty Park and my other kids had a blast playing on the playground. It is so much fun to meet people in person you have seen on blogs - these little kids are just so much cuter in person! These two cute boys share a lot of the same diagnoses so we have had fun sharing our information with each other as we try to figure out our way through medical mumbo jumbo. Gage we are so happy to have met you and hope we can do another playdate soon - Carter loves friends!
And we are finally on the surgical schedule. Carter will be having all his procedures done on September 11. We are just anxious to get this over with and hopefully on a road of recovery that doesn't include oxygen. We know we still have several more months of oxygen - but one can hope can't they?


8 comments:
So cute! Carter had so much to say! I love it! I am so bummed I couldn't meet up with you guys and sweet Gage that day! I was so sad. Definitely will have to try again!
So stinkin' cute!
I absolutely LOVED watching him get from the prone position to a sit. You really oughta post that so I can totally watch it again!
Thanks for all of your help Parker!!!
Cute, cute and cute!!!! I love that little laugh he is doing on the video. And oh, Carter and Gage are so cute together!! My older kids are back in school now too and I am just LOVING my time alone with Ella. Of course I get a full 6 hours of alone time so I consider myself really lucky!!!
Oh my goodness, I miss that sweet smile and laugh LIKE CRAZY!! That was all Derek and I could talk about was his smile that just lit up his entire face the entire time! I can't wait to meet up again, thanks again for taking the time to meet up! I just barely got on to upload pictures of our picnic and saw you had gotten yours up already, you beat me! I sure hope Carter's road to recovery gives the boot to the oxygen, too. That would be FABULOUS!!
What were you doing to get him to laugh like that? I've never heard of Gage. I'll have to check him out. What school do your kids go to? Do they go to that one by you?
Love the uniforms for you kids, they look great.
I couldn't stop laughing at Carter, he is so cute.
Ahhhh that is so cute:) I love his laugh. It makes me smile.
Oh that is too exciting. Your kids looks so adorable in their little school outfits. I love it. Won't it be nice 3 hours alone with the baby? I am thrilled. Your kiddos are so cute. Love the ice block idea.
Post a Comment