We took Carter to the ENT on Monday and he had a look see at the tonsils and the ears. The tonsils and adenoids are coming out and the ear tubes are going in. He looked at Carter's tonsils and said that they are really tiny - but they always start with the least evasive thing to fix sleep apnea and move up from there. He also said that typically removal of the tonsils and adenoids will fix sleep apnea in about 30% of the cases with children with down syndrome. We will just keep our fingers crossed that we are one of the 30%......
He also confirmed that there is fluid in both ears and with the failure of two hearing tests he is just going to put the tubes in while Carter is sedated. We are thankful for this and hope it will help his hearing.
Right now we are just waiting for Linda the scheduler to call us back and let us know when surgery is scheduled. She is coordinating the two surgeons to make sure everything can be taken care of in one surgery (skin tags and the tonsils, adenoids and ear tubes). Carter will end up in PICU and will have to stay over at least one night and then from there it will be decided when we can go home.
And now for some pictures from Yellowstone (not all 521!!) I think I will do this in several posts as it will be easier. We saw lots of animals in Yellowstone so we will start with those pictures.
Every morning in our campground in Madison we woke up to the "caw caw" of Ravens - who get an early start I might add - they must be related to roosters.
These guys were sitting on our picnic table when we got out of the tent
We also had a herd of about 12 elk walk through our campground one morning as we were just finishing breakfast.
Later on we saw an even better elk with quite a rack on his head. He looked so awesome!
We saw quite a few buffalo's roaming around - they are so BIG!!


While we were eating dinner at a picnic table by Old Faithful we had a coyote walk past our table - that was a little nerve racking as he was very close. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me at the table so we missed that picture.
While we were also at Old Faithful we ran into this guy that we aren't sure what he is. If anyone would like to enlighten us please let us know. He posed perfectly for us but he wouldn't tell us his name. According to the Yellowstone animal paper we think he could be a yellow bellied marmot but again we just don't know.

While we were driving to the north entrance of Yellowstone we saw a whole bunch of bighorn sheep roaming the hills
And our best animal by far we saw the very last day in Yellowstone. We were getting ready to finish the loop and leave and we saw a whole bunch of cars by the side of the road. So of course we stop and get out and lo and behold this animal was beside the road having some lunch.
The whole day I had been saying that all I really wanted to see was one bear. What an awesome grizzly bear. Parker and Ashleigh were so excited to see the bear - it was so fun!
We also saw a whole bunch of other animals that we didn't get pictures of either:
Pot guts
Squirrels
Pronghorns
Trumpeter swans
Pelican
Fish
I think we did pretty good in the animal category. Of course after we saw the bear Parker and Ashleigh were determined to find a moose and a wolf because they were still on the list. We never did find them though - maybe next time!
While we were eating dinner at a picnic table by Old Faithful we had a coyote walk past our table - that was a little nerve racking as he was very close. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me at the table so we missed that picture.
While we were also at Old Faithful we ran into this guy that we aren't sure what he is. If anyone would like to enlighten us please let us know. He posed perfectly for us but he wouldn't tell us his name. According to the Yellowstone animal paper we think he could be a yellow bellied marmot but again we just don't know.
While we were driving to the north entrance of Yellowstone we saw a whole bunch of bighorn sheep roaming the hills
We also saw a whole bunch of other animals that we didn't get pictures of either:
Pot guts
Squirrels
Pronghorns
Trumpeter swans
Pelican
Fish
I think we did pretty good in the animal category. Of course after we saw the bear Parker and Ashleigh were determined to find a moose and a wolf because they were still on the list. We never did find them though - maybe next time!


14 comments:
My dad always wanted to see a bear in Yellowstone. We never did, he could spot everything, but never saw a bear, lucky you.
I love the ENT's. They like to play it safe with our DS kids, so they always go to PICU after a T&A, just for the night.
I have a couple of blankies for you to work on while I'm gone next week, then I'm pretty much caught up. Got a couple of new orders but thats it, wahoo.
What an awesome trip you got to go on! That is a TON of really cool animals to see all in one area! Were you scared of the bear? I think I would have been! I'm glad the ENT appointment went well and I hope the surgery gets scheduled soon. I really hope Carter is one of the 30%, too! What a great blessing that would be!
That's it... we're going to Yellowstone next summer! It looks awesome!
So glad the appointment went well and hope all goes well with the surgery!
Looks like a great trip, glad you had fun. I'm glad Carter get's everything done at once. Keep us posted.
Fun trip!!
Joaquin had tubes placed in his ears due to poor hearing test results and fluid. We noticed an immediate difference once they were placed!! Good luck!
Horray for tubes. I fought getting them, but I was so glad when we finally did. She hasn't had an ear infection since.
I LOVE the YS pictures. We got an awesome picture of some crows picking through some bikers bikes.
looks like a perfect trip! glad you were able to be together as a family and spy on so many cute animals.
May Carter be in that 30%!
awesome pictures! I love Yellowstone. Wolf's are hard to get a picture of.
Love the pictures!!! Yellowstone is the best!! We were just in Jackson Hole last weekend. Sam failed his first 3 hearing test when he was first born, the ones they give in the hospital. We then took him to an audiologist and he passed but his left ear was stronger then his right. When we took him to the ENT he said the right canal is smaller then the left. He seems to hear really well and only had one slight ear infection last winter so the ENT was surprised he has fluid in them. He is going to recheck Nov 23rd and then if the fluid is still there he is going to do tubes. He did fail the little puff test they do when they do a little puff in the ear and it's supposed to bounce off and make big arc on the machine and it did a very little one for the left and nothing for the right so who knows?? Glad the little guy is going to be getting tubes, I think it will help.
Great pics! Good luck with the surgery :)
You'll have to read about our exciting adventure with a grizzly in YNP last July (2008)...it is an awesome sight.
And I had to do a double take at the above name...I had to see if that was me and I just didn't remember putting a comment! :o) There aren't a lot of us "in's" in the world, they're usually "en's", which just isn't right! :o)
Wow what a fun trip, growing up we never got to see very many animals on our trips to Yellowstone, a bear is awesome! Looks like you guys had lot of fun!
Wow, now that's wildlife!!!! We just got back from camping and I thought the racoon I came face to face with on my picnic table was pretty wild! You win. But I had the same crow issue, I was ready to strangle the little creatures, every morning they would caw, caw.Every morning they woke up Emilia.
Beautiful pictures!!!
P.S good luck with the surgery, I bet it makes huge difference for Carter.
Post a Comment