Friday, July 10, 2009

A beautiful day for.....

Swimming

This afternoon felt like a perfect day to finally blow up the inflatable pool and let the kids go for a swim. Parker is off at Scout Camp so it was just Ashleigh and Carter. We inflated the pool, put on swimsuits, put on sunscreen, got the towels, filled up the pool and headed out to the backyard.

Ashleigh loved the pool - Carter hated it. Way too cold for the little man. He cried and cried anytime some body part touched the water. I couldn't take a picture of him because I only have two hands and they had to hold the poor guy. The day wasn't wasted though because Carter and I sat on the beach towel and watched Ashleigh have a great time. She is like a fish - she would swim and swim and swim if I let her.



11 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

Oh I love that picture with the sunglasses. Carter looks like such a cool little dude.

Mindy said...

Way cool pics. How did you do that?
It was a good day for a swim, my kids could stay in the water all day too if I let them.

Lacey said...

Love the belly hanging out in the first pic.

rochelle said...

Carter looks so HAPPY! What a beautiful day to hang out by the pool. And Ash is turning into quite the little lady.

Stephanie said...

I love summer days in the backyard. Simple fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh summer...loving every minute of it. Such cute photos!!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures ! Carter is such a doll . Looks like they had fun even though carter didn't like the cold water.

LeShel said...

looks like the perfect day for smiles!! BIG SMILES.

Emily said...

What cuties! My girls turn into fish in the summer. Justin... not so much!

One Happy Heart Family said...

So fun. Looks like you guys had a blast. I love the sunny days. Everytime we get our pool out it gets cloudy :( Maybee its a sign? LOL Love the pictures.

Derek, Kenzee and Gage said...

Oh they are TOO CUTE! I love the color accents in the pictures too! :) What a fun time!!