Number 2 kid is severely allergic to peanuts and still is.
Number 3 kid is NOT ALLERGIC to anything!! Hallelujah!!
We made it through the allergy testing and Carter came out a winner. He has no dietary restrictions!! Of course he has had more than his fair share of other problems - but we are thankful for this blessing. I was thinking the night before the test about what it would mean if he was allergic to something and I was worried about his cognitive ability to understand that we weren't depriving him from certain foods but that it could be a life threatening situation.
So he was awake when he was getting poked - but alas he fell asleep as we waited for the timer to tell him he was done....I tried to get an awake picture - ha!ha! (If you don't understand why this is so funny - read the post just before this one)


15 comments:
Go Carter!!! I'm so happy for him to have no allergies. I remember what you went thru with Parker.
Thanks again for the book the other day :)
Score 1 for the big guy! Finally, he wins one!
Let's hope the sleep study goes well.
As far as the sleeping pics. With a baby sometimes the only time you can get a picture is when they finally crash!
ditto above...I'm glad he's not allergic to anything. I had wondered what the skin prick test looked like...I think I was probably Carter's age when I had one and haven't had one since.
Oh that's great news! What a brave little guy. I hope you hear from the Doctor soon!
Yeah, finally something a downs kid doesn't have. I hate those allergy tests.
Oh poor guy. Glad nothing came of it though. Yea for no allegies.
YAY for no allergies!! That is so awesome. I look forward to hearing the sleep study results.
HOORAY for no allergies! I'm so glad that he flunked that test.
I'm so glad you found our blog. I was just looking at yours and you have a darling family and Carter is just a sweetheart. We are lucky to have these little kiddos aren't we. The quote came from Elder Boyd K. Packer's book called Mine Errand from the Lord. It is an amazing book. My Dad had to buy the second one because my Mom was always reading the one they had. I love the quote and read it often when I start to get frustrated. Sam and Carter are very close in age. To bad you don't live closer, he could come play with Sam and Benson. There seem to be alot of boys though that are very close in age with DS so that will be fun for them when they get older and also great for us Mothers to learn from each other. Thanks for finding us and posting on our blog.
That's great! I remember coming out of the eye doctor with Lily that was the first time I ever heard that she wouldn't have to do anything special, everything looked fine!
So nice that so far, no allergies...yea!!! Can't believe he fell asleep...what a sweet little guy! Glad those results were good!! woohoo
I just got your comment on my blog today and then as I was reading Lacey's blog realized that Carter was the fourth boy in the picture. What a handsome bunch of guys. Emily and I had already promised Ella and Justin to each other but I just told her that he has some competition now. I didn't realize that you guys or Tausha and Sam lived in UT. How fun for you all to be so close together. We are hoping to get up there sometime this summer originally to meet up with Jaxson, Justin and Preslie...but now I hope to be able to meet Carter and Sam as well. If possible, please email me directly at adjvollmer@aol.com so I can send you an email directly with our plans if they develop. BTW...glad there are no allergies.
Hi - I just saw Carter's picture on Jaxson & Justin's blogs. Another cutie! And reading over your blog, I just realized that our little guys share the same birthday - Carter is exactly a year older than our little Max!
Awesome. Glad to hear he gets a breat from something. He's a darling boy. Let him rest. He will do enough boy trouble when he gets a little bigger. :)
Yay!! No food allergies. He's such a cute boy!
Post a Comment