Thursday, June 4, 2009

One minute and thirty seconds = too long!

Evidently one minute and thirty seconds is too long to wait for your breakfast oatmeal to cook.......


Carter didn't make it - oh well - maybe after a nap he can eat it.

We went to the speech therapist on June 2 and she was happy to see his progress. She said we need to start moving more toward table foods and not so much baby food. Hence, we were going to try regular oatmeal - but as you can see it takes too long to prepare. He has tried some biter biscuits and he does pretty good at holding them and getting them to his mouth - what a great concept!!

It is the last day of school - mixed emotions there. Ashleigh isn't feeling well so here we sit on our last day together watching a movie on the couch. She is missing her last day of preschool swim party and is devastated. Life is just not fair. Yesterday she did have a really fun day by spending hours and hours at the zoo with the preschool class.

No more pencils......no more books!!! Yeah - summer is here!!

11 comments:

LeShel said...

your cute little one asleep is adorable. It does take a long time to cook oatmeal!
I'm sorry Ashleigh missed out on the last day. What a bummer.

May we all live through the summer!!

COOLWHIP said...

I don't know if I am ever that excited to see school end, but it does take some of the presure off me. I love the Sleeping Carter.....

ABrunettesLife said...

We missed Ashleigh today! All the kids were asking where she was, poor thing. And Mom, one minute thirty seconds is WAY too long to wait for oatmeal. Sheesh!

Lacey said...

We still have one more week of school left. I have mixed feelings about it being over. I have a blankie for you to do. Maybe I'll just stop by sometime and see if your home, I can't find your phone number because I wasn't smart enough to put it in my phone when I had it.

Emily said...

Cute pictures! Justin screams while he waits for his oatmeal to cook! Sleeping would be much more peaceful for all of us! Enjoy the summer!

Mindy said...

HaHa, oh Carter is just too funny I love it. I hate waiting for my food to cook too. Sorry Ashleigh was sick for the last day of school, so not fun. I'm looking forward to my kids getting out, 1 more day. WHOOT WHOOT.

My name is Sarah said...

Ahhh that is so cute. He must have been really tired.

rochelle said...

Wow! What did you do to wear him out like that? He must have had a crazy, eventful night to konk out like that. I love it when kids fall asleep in their high chairs. Cute picture.

Pam said...

How cute!! Poor little guy was just too pooped!! :D

He is getting so big!!

Adrianne said...

I think that falling asleep is his way of telling you he wants sugar cereal instead. :) I can't wait to see Ashleigh in shcool with my little Brigham. They are going to have a blast!

ds.mama said...

lol, that highchair picture is precious.