Saturday, March 28, 2009

A big week is coming......

We went to see Dr. Burch on Wednesday morning and we finally got a good report. His wound is closing enough that there wasn't any mention of closing it with stitches. Yipee!! Dr. Burch put a little silver nitrate on the tissue inside the wound because it was starting to grow up and over the skin - which was preventing the skin from closing all the way. We are supposed to repeat the silver nitrate if it happens again - but so far it is looking very, very good. We go back again in two weeks and hopefully at that time it will be completely closed. We are now almost five weeks post op - so this has taken it's own sweet time. My poor boy would like to get back into a bathtub because these sponge baths are just not as much fun as splashing in the water.

And Carter has learned a new trick - but I need to post a picture so I will try and do that tomorrow. Stay tuned!!

Three more days until Carter's first birthday - we are so excited!!!!!!!

Four more days until Carter gets his helmet off!!!!!!

It is going to be an exciting week!!!!!

8 comments:

LeShel said...

I can't believe it's been a year! I just want to come out there and shnuggle your cute little Carter. You have got a week of fun coming up; birthday, helmet off. Hooray!

Lacey said...

Wow sounds like a great week. Is Dr. Birch a surgeon? They've added two new surgeons since Jax had his surgery. His surgeon is Hawkins. But if he needs surgery again and Hawkins can't do it, I would like to know who the new surgeons are. I can't stand Kuretous, he is to pompus for me.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad it was good news this week! What a blessing and 3 days til the 1st birthday...what a celebration...I look forward to that celebration often with our Preslie. A milestone, that, with our special ones, means so much more. Well my friend...look forward to seeing birthday pictures!!! :)

Jodi said...

I'm so excited for the little guy! Happy Birthday and Helmet off in one week. WAHOO!

Treasure said...

You go BIG MAN!!! Come visit me so I can see your cute head.

Adrianne said...

Great news. It is so fun to hear that he is doing well. Enjoy this fun and exciting week. I will be watching for the trick.

Mindy said...

I can't believe he is going to be 1 already, that is so fun. I bet he'll be a happy little guy to get the halmet off. Have a wonderful week.

COOLWHIP said...

Horray for hemet off , birthday and hole closing!!! Huge week. It doesn't seem right that he is already 1!