And today's trivia question is - How many spoons does it take to feed Carter? It is more than you think........
Do you notice the TWO spoons he is holding? And I am holding a THIRD.... yes, that's right - three spoons does the trick - keeps his two hands busy and I can use one. And mind you I don't get just one spoon - as I put a spoonful in his mouth he drops one spoon and grabs the one I am using. Then I pick up the one he drops, reload it, feed it to him and the process starts all over again.... Now it is no wonder I don't get anything done around the house - with this kind of feeding schedule how can I keep up?
And does anyone know where I can buy a full body bib? Seriously - he has food everywhere - I either need to invent a full body bib and make millions or he is going to have to start eating stripped down to his diaper because it is much easier to wash his skin than to wash all these clothes that are now orange! If I give him just a few more minutes he may end up looking like an oompa loompa. Oh well - guess I will go put another load of laundry in the washer.......
And as a side note, his hole has very slowly started to close. It actually looked much better yesterday - we know it won't be closed by Wednesday - but maybe it will be closed enough that the doctor will feel good about letting it finish closing on its own.


12 comments:
those pictures are SO adorable. I love the food everywhere. It's been so long since I cleaned up a mess like that I don't even know where to begin but it makes for great pictures.
Oh he is too funny, I love that it takes 3 spoons to feed him. Such a cute cute boy.
3 spoons, that sounds about right, keep the hands busy. You may have to wrap him in plastic wrap before you feed him.
SO CUTE! Kylie does the same thing. 2 spoons for us though. Silly kiddos, Oh and the mess, how FUN, Kylie's OT told me to not worry about cleaning her off, it makes a negative feeding experiance. SO HARD not to wipe her face off. Carter is so CUTE! I love it.
I like the idea of a full body bib. But not for my baby for my 3 year old! He's so cute, and doesn't seem to have any remorse that he just made a huge mess for mom to clean up :-)
Tell that Dr. to leave his hole alone! Carter works at his own pace and so do his holes!
About the bib...forget the kids! My husband needs one. (FYI since I have a home hair salon, I purchased a few hair cutting capes and used those. You can get them at Sally Beauty and they go right into the washer or just wash them in the sink. Just make sure you get the vinyl ones.
Treasure
Oh he is so dang cute! I love it! 3spoons, juggling them all with food...very impressive...what us mom's do! :) Glad he is doing well and eating...we're still workin on that one with Preslie!:)
My goodness he is so stinking cute. Sigh, wish I could just pick him up and squeeze him.
Rhett still eats like that and he's three, so go figure. :D
Hoping that his wound closes up soon. Sorry I don't comment too often, but I think of you lots, and pray for that sweet little boy too.
((HUGS))
So cute! I like the spoon rotation! What a great trick!
Darling Pictures! It is great to hear that he is doing better. We will continue praying for him. I will watch for an update.
I hope for everyone's sake, especially Carter's, that the doc says it's closing good enough on it's own so maybe they can spare Carter some more pain for once.
And I love the pic's of lunch...it makes me not quite as anxious to get another little one to have to teach to feed him/herself again!
Kristi, these were so much fun. We had to do the spoon rotation thing with Cameron, too! He was such a busy little boy that it was the only way to get food INTO his mouth instead of everywhere else!
Post a Comment