Sunday, November 8, 2009

Pondering.....


Now all of you don't fall out of your chairs because I have been missing in action in the blogging world for a few weeks. Now two posts in two days......

So I have been thinking a lot lately. I sing in a choir and we are getting ready to perform and one of the songs we have been asked to sing is "Some Children See Him." If you aren't familiar with the words - let me share.

Some Children See Him

Some children see Him lily white, the baby Jesus born this night.
Some children see Him lily white, with tresses soft and fair.
Some children see Him bronzed and brown, the Lord of Heaven to earth come down.
Some children see Him bronzed and brown, with dark and heavy hair.

Some children see Him almond eyed, this Savior whom we kneel beside.
Some children see Him almond eyed, with skin of yellow hue.
Some children see Him dark as they, sweet Mary's Son to whom we pray.
Some children see him dark as they, and ah! they love Him, too.

The children in each different place will see the baby Jesus' face like theirs but bright with heavenly grace, and filled with holy light.
Oh lay aside each earthly thing and with thy heart as offering, come worship now the infant King.
'Tis love that's born tonight.
'Tis love that's born tonight.

So tonight we are practicing and we start singing this song and I start bawling - big time. Maybe because my heart is in completely different place than it was two years ago. Maybe because as we are singing about some children seeing him with almond eyes - I think of this magical boy who has graced our life and who has almond eyes. I wonder how Carter sees Him - because I know he does see Him. He can see Him more than you or I - because he was sent here for a different reason.

I have been amazed by how many people comment on my little guy - random people in the grocery store or at the post office. People who you wouldn't think would notice a little short guy hanging out with his Mom. Yet everywhere we go, we are stopped. And every time we are stopped I often wonder if they just see a cute boy with a really big smile - or if they can see into his spirit and feel the love of Christ. I wonder if they can see the down syndrome or if they are blinded by his love.

When I got home from choir I sat down to visit my blogroll and I went over to my friend's blog who wrote about Carter today. Take a minute to go over and read how Carter can change her day. Thank you for your wonderful way of showing the world what it is like to have this little man in our life. You are a great friend and I will always bring him over to visit - to cheer you up on bad days! (Is this why you have me do projects? I am beginning to catch on!!!) He is our little piece of heaven here on earth - and we are glad he is here!


10 comments:

Derek, Kenzee and Gage said...

When I read the words to the song, I noticed and thought the exact same thing. What a sweet blessing Carter is, he is so sweet. I can't wait until I get to see him again, and GUESS WHAT! We are most likely going to be living quite close to you! I can't wait for our boys to play, so fun!

Stephanie said...

I know exactly what you mean! Emmie just has a way, it's different. That's the only way I can explain it. People are drawn to her as you say about Carter. One day we were in a store and a women stopped to OHH and AHH, but then she looked at me and asked if she could just touch the top of Em's little head. People who don't have there eyes closed can feel the love of Jesus through these special little ones of ours.I just know it.

Beautiful song, I wouldn't be able to make it through dry eyed!

Emily said...

I have to agree 100%. Carter is an amazing blessing. I get the same thing with Justin. I really do think people feel the spirit through our kiddos!
Loved the song lyrics too!

Chief said...

Ah Kristi, I know people do not see the Down Syndrome in his almond eyes. They see the Light of Christ the emits through his bright spirit. He does see Him, and he talks to him and tells him how happy he is to be with you and Alan and Ashleigh and Parker. He is doing His work every single day with that smile.

Lacey said...

We were just talking about Carter last night. We were talking about adoption, and he was saying he was nervous about adopting another DS kid. He said if he could get someone like Carter he would do it in a heartbeat.
So put a dress on Carter and a bow and BAM, thats what Ray wants:)

Mindy said...

I had read Cheif's post yesterday, It was so sweet.
The song is awesome, I have tears in my eyes as I'm typing.
Carter is a true blessing to everyone around him. I wish we could see you guys more. We love you all tons!

Margaret said...

I got your blog address from cheif and I must say that he is the cutest kid I have seen in a very long time!

The Lehnick Family said...

What a sweet post...love the song lyrics as well and have to agree that the spirit shines strongly through our little miracles...we get the same attention for Brayden...granted he is always flirting and smiling at everyone...but there is that extra special something there...Carter is truly a blessing and I have to comment on your halloween pics...soooo cute! I haven't commented in a few days and missed that post...but LOVE his vampire binky...I died laughing!!!

Jeana said...

what a great post, I absolutely agree. Carter is amazing and I'm so glad I got to meet him and can't wait to see him again.

Anonymous said...

Our children are a piece of heaven that we get to enjoy, that we are blessed to learn from each and every day. They are a gift to all, all those that chose to see it, chose to feel it and I am sure even some that don't know what they are feeling, know our kids are different, they are perfection! Oh he is precious...can't wait to meet him!!!