Saturday, November 7, 2009

Halloween Pics and New Tricks

We had a super fun halloween and hope all of you did as well. We visited the pumpkin patch to pick out the perfect pumpkins.....

We thought this pumpkin was pretty cute!! So we of course paid for him. He wasn't too expensive so we took him (actually I take that back - he is by far our most expensive - but we will keep him anyway!).

We found a tractor in the pumpkin patch (conveniently posed for pictures) so of course we stopped and took a few.

He was so happy to be outside amongst the hay, pumpkins and tractors. The other kids were less joyous because it was kind of cold. Their smiles are a little strained!

But they humored me and let me take a few cute pictures. The next day we dressed up our kids and went out trick or treating! Carter didn't go last year so this was his very first year out in the neighborhood - we got a lot of comments on his cute costume!

Isn't he the cutest vampire you have ever seen? And in case you can't see them well - here is a close up of his fangs!!
It is hard to keep in a binky when your smile is so big!! Thanks Jolene for making a really cute cape in size XXS - it worked out perfectly! You are so awesome! And thanks Misty for the tip on where to find the fangs - it made the costume perfect.

Parker was a vampire as well - black hair is definitely different for Parker.

Ashleigh was our princess - she has always been a princess. She looked beautiful and had a fun time walking around the neighborhood with the vampires!

Here is our Halloween group shot......

Since Halloween Carter has amazed us with his new tricks. His new tricks are pulling himself up to standing at the couch and this.......




He has been working hard. His therapist started working with him on the stairs two weeks ago - much to my disappointment. I have been happy not having to worry about the stairs yet - but she thought otherwise and decided to show him what he could do. Two days ago he crawled over to the stairs by himself and went up - then went up again - and again - and again. Now he does it all the time and he thinks he is pretty smart. This is such a huge accomplishment for him - we couldn't be more proud. It truly is the little things in life that matter!

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a load of cuteness! Carter is the cutest vampire ever... I could bite HIM!!!! That smile is huge! And those teeth! Totally made the outfit.
Have fun with the stairs... I think Em's PT is getting ideas too.

Stephanie said...

DAH!!! The princess and older and scary vampire look great too!!!!!

Mindy said...

Your kids look great. I love the tractor all set up like it was, super cute!
Oh my heck, Carter and the stairs, that's awesome. He really has the best smile, so handsome.

Chief said...

Oh my yumminess! I love the costumes! The vampire binky is a classic!

Kristin said...

Go Carter! Great fangs :)

Lacey said...

Man I thought you fell of the face of the earth:) I love those fangs, does Carer suck on a binky? We need to get together girl.

Emily said...

I LOVE Carter's vampire teeth! I have never seen anything so cute in my life! All of your kids looked fabulous. He is doing great on the stairs! Go big boy! Justin doesn't have it down quite that well... but we're slowly getting there!

Derek, Kenzee and Gage said...

Those costumes are just too cute! And I definitely would have chose him for my pumpkin had I walked by!
Look at him fly up those stairs! That is HUGE! He does so good with it! I am so proud of him, what a big boy.

Denise said...

Seems like Ella and Carter are on the exact same milestone path. Ella just recently started climbing the stairs (thanks also to her therapist) and is also pulling up to everything she can. You are fortunate, however, because your at least you only have a few steps. Our stairs go all the way up to the second floor and she has quietly made her way up there a few times before we noticed.....aaaggghhh!! I absolutely LOVED how he was peeking over the top step when you could only see his eyes. I really hope that we can someday get these two kids together!!

Doyle Family said...

adorable!! What a great accomplishment!!