Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Good news for now

Carter went to the doctor today and we got some good news for now. Right now the infection is under control and the nurse thinks it looks really good compared to what it looked like a week ago. The plan is to finish his week long antibiotics on Friday and then watch it. If the redness goes away we are good to go - if the redness stays or if another pocket of fluid forms we are to call the surgeons. If this happens again or if the redness doesn't completely go away the only option will be to open him up and take out the wire. So anyway...right now he is good and we will just go forward....


MISSING.....

Ashleigh is missing something - she had it earlier today and then it was gone. She is hilarious - she walked in from preschool with a sad face and I asked her, "What's the matter?"

"I didn't brush my teeth very good and now my tooth is broke" was her reply. (See we always tell our kids to brush their teeth or they will fall out...)

I had her open her mouth and low and behold her bottom right tooth was very, very loose. So after moving it back and forth for a minute, I yanked and it was out. She was so surprised and now she is excited to receive a visit from the tooth fairy - except she didn't want the tooth fairy to come tonight because she would like to show her tooth to a few people first. Wow what a fun day!! She is growing up!!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I hope the redness goes away so no more surgery.

Yea Ashleigh I sure hope your tooth fairy comes, our's seems to be on vacation alot and forgets.

Facebook is fun, but it is addicting, i'll have to limit my time on there I have too much to do around here. I'll go find Alan.

LeShel said...

How exciting to lose your first tooth. Hooray!

I'm glad that Carter is doing well. May it continue!!

Anonymous said...

I hope his infection goes away. Those are NOT fun! We fought a horrible leg infection on Preslie when she was only amonth old...a week in the hospital and 6 weeks of IV therapy finally did the trick. Poor babes! He is a strong little boy though! And yeah Ashleigh for loosing her tooth! Hope the news continues to be good!We send our love

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristi and Alan! I love Carter's blog! I am sorry to hear that Carter is having some tough times - poor little guy! They go through so much, but they are so worth every bit of time and hassle! Great to hear that he no longer needs the feeding tube though!! Mark is so far from that goal I don't know if we'll ever get there! Now that I know where this blog is I will visit more often! Give Carter a big hug from Mark and me! Maureen Claypool