Oh boy - what is this on my head? My mom takes me to so many doctors and this last doctor we went to put this on my head. Did anyone tell her that it is hard plastic and not very comfortable? And she never takes it off my head except to give me a bath because my head stinks - well duh - did you notice the sweat dripping down my face? This thing is not so cool. Mom says I will have to wear it for a few months until my head evens out. Maybe I should have listened to her when she told me to turn left or I would end up with a helmet. Maybe Moms do know what they are talking about once in a while. Do you think I should believe her when she tells me to eat my vegetables too? I think I will start to listen to her. This is a picture of my before head......
Also, I went to the cardiologist last Monday and guess what he told me? He said I am looking good, gaining weight and my oxygen saturations are high enough on room air that I no longer have to wear oxygen during the day. I still have to wear the oxygen at night but that is OK with me - I am asleep and it really doesn't bother me. Mom says I am much easier to take around now that I am not attached to the oxygen all the time. If we want to run to the store real quick into the car seat I go and we are ready! No more changing to the portable oxygen, making sure we have enough oxygen and then dragging around the oxygen in the store. I'm glad the oxygen is gone during the day...but I kind of miss the tubing because I liked to play with it alot. Now I just play with my rattles and link-a-doos which are pretty fun too.
I am still working really hard at sitting up all by myself. I am getting closer but still need to strengthen my ab muscles a little more. I am also eating more by mouth - tonight I ate a whole Gerber Number 1 bottle of squash - it was yummy (see I am listening to my Mom and eating more vegetables - yay for me!!).
I am also recovering nicely from my surgery. I go back to the urologist for a post op check up next week. Boy I see a lot of doctors....I'll keep you updated on how I am doing. Thanks for reading my blog and for praying for me to overcome some huge obstacles. Now if only I could get out of this helmet........


9 comments:
Cute post. I love the picture of him in his helmet, he looks cute. He will get used to it when it comes time to take it off, hopefully it will all go fast.
I am glad you got a good report from Cardiology. Being off oxygen during the day is great!
Hugs & Prayers,
Christina from IHH
Jacob's Momma
Keep up that good work cutie! You're making such great progress! Glad to see you don't have to take the oxygen around anymore, and that you are enjoying yummy food! Keep listening to your mom and dad! :) Lots of love!
The Cardin's
Yeah for no more oxygen during the day! That is quite the accomplishment! And good luck with the helmet...hopefully you'll get used to it quickly.
Carter I don't care how silly you think you look, that smile makes all the silly plastic helmets in the world Disappear! Keep smiling Honeybunch!
Ssej (and Bean)
He looks so cute! Wow, I can't believe that you had to fork over to pay for the thing. We hit it just right - our insurance is one of the few who pay for the helmet and Nathan got it just before the "insurance year" was up. At the time, I don't think we could have pulled off paying for it. I casually asked the craniofacial doctor about the cost and was FLOORED!
Nathan wore it from July to September and at night only in October. Its suprising how fast the time went. Nathan got so he loved his bath time everynight; it was one of the few positives in his life!
I love your first pic. . . He looks like he loves it! :) and Yay for him being cordless!
Hey Kristi - this is a first for me to see your blog (thanks to Jodi)! I love your pictures of Carter - he is just so cute! I'm gearing up for our run on Saturday...and I'm really nervous!:)
Awww...I think he looks cute in his helmet!!!
He's just gearin up for them foot ball days!
He is SUPER cute.
Hey, I am giving away some Signing Time DVD's on my blog if you want to enter. I know you got him some for Christmas, but you can never have enough if you ask me!!
Glad his surgery went well.
((HUGS))
Pam and Rhett
Post a Comment