Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tube pulling - a new Olympic Event maybe??






Oh, what do we do when Mom is not looking?

We pull our tubes out. This past couple of weeks has been really fun for tube pulling. Carter is really good at getting his nasal canula out of his nose. If you hold him up to your shoulder he rubs his nose back and forth until it comes out. At night he can wiggle out of it just by moving his head back and forth and back and forth. And the NG tube is even better. There have been a few days that I have had to place the tube back it three times!! The little turkey!! He usually gives us great big smiles when we ask him who pulled out his tube. These pictures prove it - I caught him red-handed!!

I thought I would add this post as a lighter note to what we are anticipating tomorrow. My heart and head is torn two different directions. My head says that we need to do this surgery - my heart does not want to hand him over to the surgeons. This is going to be one of the hardest days of my life. Yesterday as we spent 10 hours in the same day surgery room waiting for our 12 hour stay to end - I spent hours and hours holding and cuddling and talking to Carter. He is so sweet and so interactive. It is hard to believe that a body that looks so perfect is not perfect on the inside. I wish I could do this surgery for him so he won't have to go through this very difficult week. I wish I could take away the pain I know he is going to have - but I can't. All I can do is be there for him and help him get through this. We were strengthened before when he was in the hospital and I know we will be strengthened again. It is the many prayers that are being offered on behalf of our family that is making the difference. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

We plan on updating this blog tomorrow as we get updates while Carter is in surgery. Please keep him in your prayers as well as the surgeons who will be working on him. Carter has done all he can do with getting bigger, stronger and older - now it is the surgeons time to fix him.

Kristi and Alan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carter gets a gold medal in tube-pulling & cuteness!