Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Carter is too cute...and smart

Ok. I know it's a second post in the same month! Rare? yes. But this was too cute and was going on over and over today...I grabbed the camera and just let it go and watched.

Let me set the stage. The last few weeks, Carter found that the buttons on the TV make the TV do interesting things. Noise, on/off, make it loud, etc.

Ashleigh came home from school (I've been home sick) and wanted to play a Wii game. So we started playing and Carter would turn the TV off. Ashleigh would pull Carter away, turn the TV back on and Carter would get from whatever part of the house Ashleigh moved him to and get back to those fun buttons. Over and over and over between these two. I started to laugh.

Ashleigh then decided to put a box of toys and other stuff in front of the TV to stop Carter from doing his "work." This went on and on and over and over.

I decided this was worth recording and grabbed my camera. Anyway, just watch the video. It's just under 2 minutes.

You see Carter not trying to draw attention to himself as he gets closer and closer and closer to the TV and then he makes his move. After this, Ashleigh stayed close by to stop him (I would have too.) I tried to get her to come back to the couch. This was fun!

Alan (Dad)

P.S. The number of times he turned the TV off was about 15 or so you can see everybody got creative each time. More toys, more not drawing attention to himself, etc.

P.S. Yes we still have our VHS player hooked up that we never use and we have an old TV. We hope we've been very good this year and can get one of those new flat panels.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Carter - you little stinker! (hey, we watched Barbie Nutcracker today on VHS!!!)

Mindy said...

He is so funny! Can we borrow him?

The Cardin's said...

Oh my....he's a little tease! I love how he punches a few buttons before he gets to his main goal! :-) Hope you all have a Merry Christmas...and Santa brings you what you want!

MeLynn and Greg said...

I love it! He is so smart and so mischievous. There's no stopping him when he knows what he wants! Hope you're feeling better.

Team Carter Jay said...

Just checking in after what seems like forever! I'm THRILLED to see that Carter is doing so well. I <3 him! Great job buddy!

Team Carter Jay said...

Hello friend....it's time to update your blog ;) <3