Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Happy Happy Birthday to Carter


(Tried to take a birthday picture of Carter today - but understandably he is not in the mood much for smiling. So I thought I would post one of his cute funny faces! I will have to do birthday pictures when he is feeling better.)

Happy, Happy Birthday to our sweet Carter. We can't believe you are two. We are looking forward to the "terrific two's" because we know we are not going to have "terrible two's." You are such a blessing to so many people who love and care for you. Thank you for choosing us to be your family - we don't know what we would ever do without you! I could go back and reflect upon this day, but I did that last year. If you would like a recap of the day he was born click here.

Stats

2 years old

22 pounds 2 ounces

30 inches if he stretches (yep, he's short)

12 teeth

Still in a size 2 shoe

Signs more, milk, hi/bye, eat, and loves watching Baby Signing Times

Is not quite walking - but cruises along furniture and can crawl fast

Eats everything (except for mashed potatoes - we don't know why)

Has started self feeding in the last two weeks! Yay for picking up Cheerios!
(Although this also has become a problem because I have never had to worry about small parts/toys/crumbs on the floor and now I do - too funny)

Does not drink juice - but loves milk in his bottle and will drink water at meals

Loves to make people smile

Is generally happy all the time

We love you so much little man!!


And sorry for the really long frustrating post earlier this week. It has just been a hard month. But a couple of nights of better sleep and I am feeling much better about things. We are so glad that Carter is at home for his birthday and not stuck in the hospital!

Carter is doing well - we went back to the doctor yesterday and we didn't have to suction him out again. Tomorrow we go in for another synagis shot so the doctor will take another listen. He is still on oxygen during the day - but is doing much better at keeping his saturations higher. As soon as he is feeling better we will have his party - complete with cake, presents, and fun! We can't wait!

Now if someone could please turn off the snowing machine - that would be great. This house has ordered spring - if someone else wants winter - please keep it at your house!!

24 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Carter - I can't believe you still wear a size 2 shoe! Get better so you can party!

Loren Stow said...

Happy Birthday little man! I hope you're feeling better real soon and have a FANTASTIC fun birthday party!!

LeShel said...

Happy Birthday CARTER!!! May you find Spring and Summer at your house soon.

Layton Family said...

Happy Birthday Carter!!! I love your funny faces.

Kelly said...

happy Birthday Carter! I hope you have all the fun and love that your heart can hold:) Celebrate BIG......and get well soon!!

Mindy said...

Happy Birthday! We love ya.

Christina said...

Happy Birthday Carter! I hope you are feeling better and had a fun day.

Hugs & Prayers,
Christina
Jacob's Momma

Lori said...

Happy Birthday Carter! You are such a cutie! I can't wait to see your birthday pics!

Enjoy the terrific two's little guy!

Lacey said...

Happy Happy Birthday my big boy! We need to party when you feel better!
Snow, yeah its making me sick! Its not fun to hunt for Easter eggs in the snow.

MeLynn and Greg said...

Happy Birthday Carter! You truly are the greatest blessing to our family. Thanks for teaching us how to be happy and treasure the little things. We love you!

Denise said...

Happy Birthday Carter!! (One day late) Sorry he isn't feeling up to snuff, but there will be plenty of time for celebrating soon enough. I am sooo jealous that he is eating everything...sigh, maybe someday Ella will!! And by the way, both Ella and Carter will be getting Synagis shots together today :) Enjoy the snow...the weather will be hot soon enough!!

Lia said...

I love this tub pic! Sooooo cute!

Jeana said...

Happy Birthday dude! Get feeling better soon so you can PART- TAY!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday cute boy! TWO... that will be Justin in just one month from today! So funny. Justin WILL NOT eat mashed potatoes OR drink juice. Who knew?! LOVES everything else though! Hope he had a fabulous birthday! (minus this darn snow!)

Derek, Kenzee and Gage said...

Love the post,so fun! I'm glad he is feeling better-ish. Can't wait til he is all better and can have his PARTY! We sure love Carter, he is a great blessing in our lives! And yeah, the snow, not so great. We got it down here, too!

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Carter!!! We want the spring machine to start up and the snow machine to stop, too! Not a fun spring break! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Team Carter Jay said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARTER!! I hope you had a great day!

Debra Domenici said...

Happy, happy birthday Carter! We love seeing your smiling face and can't wait to spend time with you in the Nursery! You have such a special spirit about you. Please get feeling better so that you can have a super fun birthday party!

Our Favorite Things said...

Happy Birthday Buddy! Thanks for coming in and making me smile today...you always make my day!

lollidah22 said...

Seems like just yesterday we were at the Jordan Valley Hospital.. Time is just a flyin' by. Carter is such a sweet little boy. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Alesia Ipsen

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Carter!!!! Hope you had a great birthday!!! And sending you all some of our warm temps and sunshine! (of only it were that easy,lol)

Chief said...

Happy Birthday Studman!

no more sickies! do you hear me!

The Cardin's said...

Hope you are feeling better! Have a great birthday! Can't believe you are 2!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Carter !
Hope you had a fun birthday :)