Monday, April 20, 2009

Updates



Wow it has been another long time since my last post. So here is a recap of what our little man has been up to.

His helmet came off on April 1 - not an April Fool's joke - for serious. We have loved seeing him without anything on his face. From his very first day until now he has always had something attached to his head or face so we are grateful to just have him - with no extras!!

His wound has completely closed and we are very happy. What should have taken two weeks took seven - but who was counting? Nope it wasn't me......

Carter has cut two teeth as well. They are both on the bottom and both very sharp. Hopefully they will be useful in the near future as we try to get him to chew on things. He is still doing pretty good at eating - it is still slow - but he is at least trying. I would try to get a picture but it is hard when his tongue is always sticking out.....


Carter got his first haircut:

Before haircut.....

Aw Mom - not a bathtub shot......Look at my big hair!

During Haircut....


OK now what is going on here?

After haircut....

Don't I look handsome?

We also celebrated Carter's first Easter. He was born a week after Easter last year so even though he is over one year old this was his very first Easter. He didn't really know what to think but he had fun anyway.



This is a picture of me growling at my easter basket - I like to growl.

All of us checking out our loot - looks pretty good!

Carter's Easter outfit


Ashleigh's Easter dress


Parker's Easter outfit - minus the tie and the suit coat and the shoes because it is just too hard to stay in all of his Sunday clothes - at least he left his pants and shirt on!!



And what are the chances that 3 out of 4 granddaughters would end up with the exact same Easter dress? Don't know how that happened, but it did. We did feel bad because had we known we could have had 4 out of 4 and they could have all matched. Too funny!!



Well, that about wraps up our April so far. We are happy for the nice warm sunshine outside - yeah for spring!!


18 comments:

One Happy Heart Family said...

Adorable! I love the haircut pictures. I am amazed he sat still my boys run when they see the clippers. Yea for the no helmet. Yea for his wound healing up also. He is just on the go with the good news huh? Oh the Easter pictures are adorable. Hey the dress's just mean you all have great taste. Glad you guys had a great Easter. Thanks for the update. I love to keep up on your adorable little one.

COOLWHIP said...

Look at him sitting! I love it.

Mindy said...

He looks so much older with his haircut. He is just darling. Where did you get Ashleigh's dress, I love it.

Christina said...

What a cutie!

Treasure said...

What a good looking bunch of kids you have!

I love Crater's head! He is so yummy!

Treasure

LeShel said...

love the haircut pictures. He looks so handsome sporting his new do.
What great fun to have Easter pictures with all your darling kids. I must say I love Parker's dressing down. He looks just like a boy or man who just got home from church.

Anonymous said...

He looks great! Watch out for the sharp eat - they hurt;-)

Lacey said...

So cute, man he's looking big. Glad everythings quiet on the front.

Anonymous said...

Oh he is looking so good, and so cute! Lovely photos and so glad he his helmet is off and he had a great Easter! Happy times ahead, I pray!

Adrianne said...

I would take that boy home in a minute! I love the spiked hair-- you should have left it on but he does look handsome now. Cute kids.

My name is Sarah said...

Wow Carter looks like such a big boy with his haircut. I love his easter outfit.

Marquardson Family said...

What a doll! And congrats on getting the helmet off! There is nothing more exciting.. well, yes there is. But you know what I mean! I'm glad Ashleigh had a good time at Kaden's party! Hope you are all doing well!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the prayers for Preslie. I just wish I knew why her sats were dropping so much, they never used to. But it seems as though since her strep, her tonsils are so much bigger, but they are set so back in her mouth, i rarely get to see them, so it's hard to tell. I don't think they automatically take out the tonsils from Children with DS, but I think it is vERY common. I am sure she'll have hers out but the doc wants to wait until she is way closer to 2 years old...will be a long ride if this keeps up! :) Have I told you how dang cute Carter is??!! :):) Love his smile!

Lacey said...

Hi there. I will let you know if I need you. I probably will, but I've just taken 5 blankies to be hem stitched, so when those come back I will have a handfull. Were do you live?

Emily said...

Hi. I have found your blog through other blogs of Mom's with children with Down syndrome. I have a one year old sweet boy who is Down syndrome and I am just learning how amazing it is to find so many others through blogging. I hope you don't mind my stopping by. He is a doll! Love the fresh hair cut! I live in Utah and assume you do too!

Blessed with Boys said...

I just found your blog and have enjoyed reading past posts! Carter is soo cute! My son also had DS. He to had heart surgery and we also have feeding issues! Well really just feeding with a spoon! haha

rochelle said...

I love that you can really SEE him now. He is so adorable! I'm glad things are looking up for you.

Doyle Family said...

I love the hair cut! He is so cute!