Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Carter passed!!

Hooray for Carter - he passed his second swallow study! We went to Primary Children's today and had his swallow study. He did awesome (except he really didn't want to drink the Barium - but who can blame him for that) and he does not have any aspiration issues. We are so excited. We have another appointment with the speech therapist on November 10 so I am sure that she will be excited. Hopefully we can really push hard with teaching him how to drink from a bottle so that we can get rid of this NG tube. We would really just love to lose any tubes - oxygen or NG tube.

We also got word from our insurance company that Carter is now "pre-approved" to receive the Synagis shots (RSV). We will start on November 13 and have shots every 28 days. That will be fun. The nurse that gives the shots said that the kids start screaming as soon as they see her because they are in the office every 28 days and they remember what she did to them last time. We are just grateful that this is an option for our Carter. Right now he is coming down with a small cough - we hope it goes away soon.

Thanks again for all your love and support!
Kristi and Alan

7 comments:

Christina said...

Yea! How exciting for Carter with the swallow study.
And yeah for Synagis shots. Even though the shots are hard they will give that extra protection he needs.

hugs & prayers,
Christina from IHH
momma to Jacob

Anonymous said...

Yea for Carter!

Misty said...

HOORAY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

HE IS SO BEAUTIFUL!! CONGRATS.

The Cardin's said...

Congratulations! I'm glad to hear things are going well, and you've been approved so you don't have to be cooped up in your house all winter! I'm so happy for you all!

Kristin said...

Yeah Carter! I have been checking up on his progress since he was born (Teresa gave me the address). So I guess I've been a blog stalker for 6 months. I'm glad he's doing well and hope he can get rid of the NG tube soon.

Mindy said...

He is one amazing little man. Good job Carter.