Monday, September 1, 2008

We're Home!...What?

Well, we can't believe it either but we are home...with Carter. He has done so well at recovery we didn't expect it this soon either.

Carter has a sedated echo late morning and was home about 2:30 this afternoon. We hooked him back up to food and he is tolerating it well. He has had no reflux issues since we took him into the hospital and may be that his med cocktail has gone from 8 pre-surgery to just 4-post surgery.

He continues with Prevacid, Lasix and Erythromycin from pre-surgery days and we've added temporary Loritab for pain. Gone are Digoxin, Sodium Choride, Diuril, R-Gene, and Aldactone. Maybe it was the cocktail that created the reflux. We don't know but this is a much easier med list.

Anyway, it is late and we are quite tired and calling it a day. We feel so blessed to have each of you as friends...for your prayers and thoughts. We love Carter very much along with Parker and Ashleigh.

More to come...

Love,
Alan & Kristi

8 comments:

Mindy said...

Go Carter, what a stud for recoving so well, he is a strong little man. Congradulations to all of you for getting him home. Now you can rest alot eaiser.
We love you tons.
Mike, Mindy & kids

Pam said...

YAY!!! I am so glad you are home!!! Isn't it great?!??

Rhett has been a wild man since we got home, I can't keep him down!!

Carter is such a strong little guy, I am so tickled that he is doing so well.

It was so great to meet you guys. We really do need to get together soon.

((HUGS!!))

Pam and Rhett

carolyn q said...

I am so glad that you are all home now. Thanks for letting me come visit and meet you sweet family. I am totally in love with Carter. . .he is such a cutie.
Heart Hugs,
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

I was up at PCMC looking for you today. I'm so glad he is home! Sorry I missed you though. Take Care!

Unknown said...

Congrats! That is great news.

The Cardin's said...

Glad you are home already! Also, happy that Carter is recovering quickly! We'll have to come visit soon! You family is awesome!!! -The Cardin's

Mp said...

I am so happy for you to be home!!!
Congratulations!!!

Hugs,
Mike
IHH-VP

Christi said...

Yes, I am so excited for you guys. It was fun to see Carter in the hospital. He is such a little fighter and purely an Anderson, especially in the thigh area. We love him so much and think about you guys every day. Please, please call me for anything you need. I'm just a couple minutes away. Love ya. - the other Christi