Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy 6 Month Birthday Carter!



Happy Six Month Birthday Carter! It has been a six month wonderful journey. You are so special and we can't imagine life without you in it. You have made us laugh, cry, and pulled our family together. You have taught people what it means to love. You are a little slice of heaven right here on earth and we love you more and more each day. You are a strong boy who is going to accomplish many great things in this life! The world may not view you as a perfect person, but you are perfect for our family. You are meant to be in our family, you chose us and we chose you. I am honored to be your Mom and I know Dad is grateful to be your Dad. Your brother and sister love you more than anything and there is a special bond between you. You have taught us that families are forever no matter what happens. You have taught me so much more about motherhood. Motherhood is not just about providing for our children. It is the comfort of a touch when I ache to hold you in my arms. It is listening to your cues when something is not right and you can't tell me what it is. It is loving someone so much that I wish I could spare you from your pain. You have given us a gift of showing us how to slow down and enjoy the journey. Each day we have here on earth is a gift. You have shown us how to be strong and be valiant servants. You have drawn us closer to our Father in Heaven and taught us the importance of relying on Him to help us through very difficult trials. You are a perfect spirit in a broken body who came to this world to teach people. Your love radiates to those around you and we are drawn to you. We will always be here for you!

I put together a slide show with pictures from the first six months of his life. Make sure you have your computer speakers on because there is an awesome song that depicts how we have felt these last few months. The song is called "He's my Son" by Mark Schultz. I heard this song on the radio just after Carter was born and I was in tears by the time the song ended. I knew that one day I would put Carter's pictures together with this song and a six month birthday seemed like a great time to do that. Enjoy seeing a little bit of what he has been through - it has been a lot! Here is hoping that the next six months will be better than the first!!

Thank you all once again for your support during this incredibly difficult time. We have been sustained and strengthened by family and good friends. We are indeed blessed!
Love,
Kristi and Alan

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I love it, everything you said is so sweet and the song, yea im in tears, but happy tears.

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely beautiful. Brings tears to my eyes.

The Cardin's said...

That is a beautiful song! Thank you also for sharing bits and pieces of the last few months of your busy, difficult, yet rewarding life! We love you all lots...please know you all are constantly in our thoughts! - Love, The Cardin's